Sunday, January 25, 2009

Time Keeps On Tickin..Tickin Into The Future




Been going through yet more boxes of stuff.
Found a box with a bunch of neat old Franzen stuff
Tickets, Elephant ride passes, Promos
Even found the route card for the month Wayne was killed




May 7, 1997
Hard to believe it was that long ago
I remember like it was yesterday
I can still picture everything about that day
And I can still hear Lauren telling me the bad news
She wasn't my sis-inlaw then and Nat wasn't my wife yet
Unfortunately Nat saw it happen
We have been together about ten years now
And I have still never asked her what she saw
Don't know if that is cause I don't want her to go through telling me
Or cause I couldn't stand to hear about it...

I still miss him
I heard something on another blog yesterday
I would gladly trade a day of my life
For another hour to talk to him
I would take that deal any day with Wayne





Stay on the arrows

4 comments:

B.E.Trumble said...

Dud, your music links... I didn't know you were a James McMurtry fan. How about Tom Russell? Ever try listening to the stream from kpig.com? Bottle Rockets, Eaglesmith, McMurtry, Robert Earl Keen -- you'd probably like it.

The handwritten May '97 route sheet is about as poignant as a bit of circus history gets.

Casey McCoy Cainan said...

I check out the PIG sometimes Ben. I have never really got into Tom Russell, but anyone who gets down with Willie has to be cool. If you haven't ever before, check out Todd Sniders "Beer Run" it is about two kids from Lubbock going to the KPIG swine and sware' dance to see Robert Earl Keen.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I remember telling you that Wayne had been killed...it was when we played Lompoc, CA and it was a really dry grassy lot....I was walking up front to find you as you were walking past the front door to the back yard....you fell to your knees when I told you and I made you come back to the trailer with me to cry...hard to believe so much time has passed...Wayne would be very proud of the animal trainer AND man that you have become....

Lauren

Casey McCoy Cainan said...

Although there is nothing wrong with crying, I could probably count on my hands the things that have made me cry as an adult. I still cry about that once a year at least. Lauren I ask myself once a week if he would be proud.

Blog Archive